All pediatric subspecialties, especially neonatology and obstetrics are needed for this trip to eastern Nigeria with a nonprofit Christian women and children’s hospital. Participants will teach at a continuing education conference and at the bedside. Physicians from throughout the region will be invited to attend the conference and there will be a chance to interact one on one with local physicians. Also opportunity to teach local middle school and high school students regarding health maintenance.
Any pediatric subspeciality or academic general pediatrician is appropriate. Other topics include:
Pediatric ED or ICU
Prevention of Neonatal Sepsis
Parenteral nutrition in the preterm
Respiratory support in the preterm
Fluid management in an unconscious child
Diabetes in children
CMDA Member Registration $200.00
Non-Member Registration $300.00
Everyone pays $4/day/person for emergency evacuation insurance regardless of age or position on the team.
- Tourist Visa is required.
- Proof of immunizations, especially yellow fever and polio. Some places we'll visit will recommend oral typhoid as well as updated measles. CMDA requires proof of Covid vaccination.
- Apply for visa.
- Update immunizations.
- Participate on pre-trip conference call with team leader and attendees.
- Must be able to walk at least 1 mile unassisted.
- Must have proof of immunizations with Covid, yellow fever, and polio.
- Discuss with team leader your topics for lecture preparation.
- Update your Immunization records.
- Check www.cdc.gov/travel for more travel information.
- Once your letter of invitation has been received, apply for your visa: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html